Local valuation cycle and management of employer risk consultation
Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) have opened a twelve week policy consultation closing on 31 July 2019. It covers the following areas:
- amendments to the local fund valuations from the current three-year (triennial) cycle to a four-year (quadrennial) cycle
- a number of measures aimed at managing the risks of moving to a quadrennial cycle
- proposals for flexibility on exit payments
- proposals for further policy changes to exit credits
- proposals for changes to the employers required to offer local government pension scheme membership
You're encouraged to share this information with relevant colleagues and MHCLG welcome responses from LGPS scheme employers.