Managing Employer and Employee Contributions
These pages are for employer use only. Member information can be found on the home page.
As a Scheme employer you are responsible for deciding the contribution rate for each member and each employment. This responsibility should be undertaken in a reasonable and consistent manner.
As an employer your responsibilities are to ensure:
- The right employee contribution band is used.
- The right employer contributions are paid.
- Contributions are collected on actual pensionable pay.
- Additional pension contributions are collected and paid to the right organisation.
- Employees have the option to pay contributions for periods of absence or parental leave (maternity, adoption or paternity).
- Pension contributions are paid to the Pension Fund as soon as possible after collection.
The following pages of the Employer’s Guide should provide further information and instruction on the administration of pension contributions.