These pages are for employer use only. Member information can be found on the home page.
On this page we will provide details of all upcoming Employer Meetings and information about the meetings that have passed.
Employers Meeting 2017
An employers meeting was held on Monday 9th October 2017 at the Shirehall, Shrewsbury.
The meeting was aimed at finance, HR, and payroll staff dealing with LGPS issues. Presentations during the day covered; a review of the last year, employer data, GDPR, Pension Fund Policies, and Annual & Lifetime Allowance.
The presentation slides from the meeting are now available to view.
To view the video recordings of the presentation follow the links below. Please note that the below hyperlinks will redirect you to the YouTube website:
- Welcome to your dedicated Employers Meeting
- Where has the time gone? Looking back over the last 12 months
- Employer data
- General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
- Pension Policies
- Annual Allowance and Lifetime Allowance
Employer Meetings in 2016
2016 was Valuation year. The Valuation process sets the employer contribution rates to be in place from 1 April 2017 until 31 March 2020.
10th November 2016- Valuation Results
To help employers understand how the Actuary sets contribution rates and the assumptions that are used in the calculations, all employers were invited to an Employers Meeting for an update from the Scheme Actuary.
Local Government Association- LGPS Trustees Conference 23 – 24 June 2016 – Manchester 2016
The Fund shared with employers details of the 13th annual Local Government Pension Scheme trustee’s conference titled “In at the deep end”, which is due to take place on 23 and 24 June 2016 at the Macdonald Manchester Hotel and Spa.
The conference was a Local Government Association event and employers interested in attending booked the meeting directly through them.
Employer Meetings in 2015
20th October 2015
Employers participating in the Shropshire County Pension Fund have responsibilities to meet the requirements of the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) regulations.
The meeting covered a wide range of topics relevant for HR, Payroll and Finance staff, or anyone involved in LGPS issues in your organisations.
For those employers who were unable to attend the meeting, the slides from the presentations have been uploaded.
- Update from the Scheme Administrator view the video here
- Valuation 2016 and Latest News view the video here
- End of contracting out From April 2016 view the video here
- Outsourcing and the LGPS view the video here
- The Local Government AVC in 2015 view the video here
- Pensions Taxation- Summer Budget 2015 view the video here
- CARE, Final Pay and Data Quality view the video here
- Employer discretions policies in the LGPS view the video here
27th March 2015- Outsourcing and the LGPS
To help understand the rules around outsourcing the LGPS invited the Fund Actuary to provide some basic training to employers. The training was aimed at staff involved in outsourcing to help set up a clear and robust framework for dealing with outsourcings going forwards. This training was relevant for employers in the Fund covered by Fair Deal and Best Value Staff Transfer Direction 2007.
The training covered the following:
- Background to the Local Government Pension Scheme and treatment of individual employers
- Pensions implications of different service/function delivery models, covering options available for current and future employees, including external solutions
- Pension Fund requirements within the LGPS, including regulatory, contribution levels and risk assessments and protection
- Requirements for pension arrangements outside the LGPS
- Options available including risk management and cost sharing
- Other aspects e.g. bid/ tender process and formation of related policies
14th January 2015
An employers’ meeting took place on Wednesday 14th January 2015 at the Shirehall, Shrewsbury. For those of you who were unable to attend the meeting, the presentations slides can be found at the bottom of this page.
The presentation covers:
The presentation was primarily aimed at HR/Payroll staff who deal with LGPS issues.